Mellors provide catering services for our students, offering varied and well-balanced menus. Refreshments and healthy snacks are also available.
Allergen information for the food served is available on request by speaking to the Catering Team.
Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Please note: If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
If you believe your child may be entitled to receive free school meals, you simply need to fill in an application form supplied by your local council. The council will then inform the school, and provide the funding.
At Ashfield School, students receiving free school meals are anonymous as a daily payment is made directly to a student’s account and they ‘pay’ for their food using the cashless ‘finger’ system.
For more information or if you would like to apply for Free School Meals from Nottinghamshire County Council, please click the link below:
If your child is in receipt of Free School Meals and you need any further support for your child at Ashfield School please contact firstname.lastname@example.org