At Ashfield School we know that good attendance is crucial to the future educational success of our students. Nationally, good attendance is defined as school attendance above 96% and students who fall below this level will not be able to fulfil their education potential. It is our mission to ensure that every student has access to a high quality education and the opportunity to engage positively with the school. It is important to us that all students are able to enjoy a feeling of belonging to their class and school community. Good attendance can only promote this.
- Ensure that your child attends school regularly, punctually, properly equipped and ready to learn.
- Regular attendance is a legal requirement.
- To notify the school of absence by 8.30 a.m. on the day your child is ill on 01623 455000.
- To take family holidays in the school holiday period.
- To provide up to date contact details and telephone numbers for every adult with parental responsibility. If the details change then the school must be informed as soon as possible.
In the event that your child is absent and we have not be notified the school will make contact via telephone or via home visit.
Familes must obtain permission from the Headteacher to take their child out of college during term time. This should be done by contact your child’s pastoral team. Permission will only be granted in exceptional circumstances.