Students and staff at Ashfield Post-16 Centre are celebrated on Thursday 17th August after receiving their A Level results, enabling them to secure places at prestigious universities, on coveted courses.
The students at Ashfield Post 16, part of The Two Counties Trust, have achieved some excellent results which reflect the hard work and commitment shown throughout their studies.
Students across the academy performed well, with some of the individual standout achievements including:
- Ruby Wood has achieved grade A* in English Literature, A* in German, A in History and an A in the Extended project. She leaves us to study History at the University of York.
- Nusaybah Islam achieved grade A’s in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. She is delighted to have secured a place for Natural Sciences at UCL (University College London).
- Elizabeth McDermott achieved grade A* in Biology, A in Chemistry and A in Mathematics. Her incredible hard work throughout her A levels has resulted in her securing a place for Medicine at the University of Edinburgh.
- Daniel Pepper achieved grade A* in Mathematics and grade A in Biology and Chemistry. He will be studying Medicine at the University of Leeds.
- Khizr Islam achieved grade A’s in Mathematics, Physics and Computing and a grade A in the Extended Project. He leaves Post 16 to study Computer Science and Physics at the University of Edinburgh.
John Maher, Headteacher at Ashfield School, said:
“A massive well done to our Post 16 students who have achieved exceptional results today – the culmination of two years of hard work, determination and resilience. These results are a true testament to the perseverance and dedication of all our students and our teaching staff, and to the culture of achievement and ambition that underpins all that we do at Ashfield Post 16.
“Most importantly, students have achieved grades that allow them to pursue their next exciting steps. Well done and good luck to all our students – we are incredibly proud of you!”